Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Celebrity Big Hostage

The media coverage for this whole Iran hostage crisis has been annoying to say the least. I'm not referring to the story itself but the blatent sexism within the media.

They do reports about gender inequality one week and then start blathering on about how one of the 15 hostages is a mother.

They keep mentioning her name yet the 14 male prisoners are virtually anonymous.

It's been doubly annoying in that the local news covers the story too. Faye Turney lives in Plymouth so they keep referring to her as being from Plymouth (She is in fact from Shrewsbury) and so are constantly talking about her. Two of the men are also from the South West (I can't remember their names as they're very much b-list hostages) but they've only been talking about them in the last 24 hours or so.

The only plus side of the local news is that it has informed me that all the hustle and bustle happening on my street is because of this. I'm about 400 metres away from ground zero.

I go running past that construction site all the time... Did 6 miles on Friday just gone, plan to do 8 miles this Friday so I'm just about on target for the end of May.

Gotta go now as I've got things to do before the penultimate episode of Life on Mars starts at 9.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home