Wednesday, April 26, 2006

First Day

It took me 66 minutes to walk roughly four miles up and down steep hills. Not a bad first effort if I say so myself. That's now the benchmark. I can't ever go any slower than that.

I've got to put it into perspective though, the marathon route will be 6.5 times the distance that I walked today.

I'm going to see how good my recovery is for tomorrow. At the moment the only problem I seem to have had was a sore left shin within the first mile. It didn't get any worse though and I felt fine walking around the office.

The plan is to walk it again on Tuesday and Thursday of next week. Then I'll start doing a bit of light jogging around the park. I should be jogging to work for one day of the week by the end of May but I won't push too hard for that target.

I do have a cricket match on Tuesday evening though but given how I'm feeling right now, I should be fine. In fact I can see that the main problem I'm going to have is fitting in this training at times that won't infringe on my other commitments: I'll be playing cricket for two teams this season (1 evening team and 1 Saturday team) and I have a driving test at the end of May to prepare for.

All said and done though, I'm feeling better now than I did this time last night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home