Monday, June 19, 2006

Nearly there

Well I've been on the sidelines for the last few weeks waiting for my stress fracture to heal. I'm supposed to rest up until next Monday but I got a bit impatient and put my name down to play an evening cricket game on Wednesday. England aren't playing that night so there isn't a big game that I'm missing.

It's only a 20-over match so hopefully it'll be a good way of ascertaining how bad the toe is. If it doesn't hurt the next day then I should be good to play a 45-over game on Saturday.

Then if that goes through without any problems I can start doing some light running after work next week. I've decided that walking to work isn't beneficial as it doesn't burn enough calories plus it means I can't drive home.

It's felt like an eternity of being unable to do any kind of impact sports - I could go swimming but I feel like far to much of a bloater to prance around in my swimming shorts in a public pool. Worse still I started smoking again much to my own and everyone else's disappointment. I'm hoping that when the cricket starts, the smoking will stop (out of necessity most likely - don't want to be wheezy in the outfield) maybe I had mild depression or something? Still mild depression or not, 20 mild is not the solution.

I'm going to have to get some new whites tomorrow, everytime I'm stood ready at the crease I feel like people behind me can see my err... crease.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home