Friday, May 26, 2006

No Signal

I have Telewest at home. I chose it ahead of Sky for several reasons, most notably because my landlady would not let me install a Sky dish on her outside wall. Her house, fair enough.

I subscribe to the Sky Sports channels and have been a bit pissed off over the last few years about the fact that I don't get any of the interactive services.

I understand that Sky want to use most of it as a selling point for Sky Digital over cable.

However I draw the line at the fact that I'm unable to choose which Champions League game I can watch like Sky Digital subscribers can. Sky pays UEFA for the broadcast rights. It does so with the money it gets from Sky Sports subscriptions so in effect I'm paying for a service that I'm not receiving.

Whatsmore, I've now discovered that despite my TV Drive (Sky+ for Telewest) being HD compatable (Months before Sky HD was launched) Sky isn't putting any of its HD content through cable. So if I had forked out on a brand new HD TV set all I'd be able to watch would be pay per view movies and one sodding TV channel (BBC HD).

Selling points is one thing but Sky should not be allowed to hold back scientific progress to preserve an unfair monopoly. I pay subscriptions for Sky Sports channels and I expect to have the option of watching them in HD like anyone else. It's not like they'd be some kind of saint that gives it away - I fucking pay them for it!

What's next, giving cable customers black and white feed?

Anyone know which ombudsman I whinge to about this?

1 Comments:

At 10:17 am, Blogger Infoholic UK said...

To be fair, even Sky subscribers have to shell out for a new box to get HD.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home