Sunday, January 07, 2007

Chin Up Lads

Ok so Villa lost and are out of the cup but lets be honest, United were a bunch of jammy wankers.

Yes they created a lot of chances but they squandered nearly all of them. They only looked like scoring on two occasions other than the goals. Villa didn't create that many chances but the ones they had were 'clear-cut'.

I said to my brother before the game kicked off that Villa were due a shit ref as we hadn't had one so far this season and sure enough he delivered. Inconsistent and biased, he was always looking to give something to United. And on the subject of officials, where did the 4 minutes come from? Both linesman were good though. It's saying something about the standard of refereeing this season that this is the first time I've had a whinge. And it was a game at Old Trafford.

Didn't like the commentator either but then I never have since he worked at Channel 5 and did 'Robot Wars'. He sounds like he's permenantly constipated. When United were 1-0 up and the number of chances (in total, not on target) were brought up as 22-4 he had to say 'I can't even remember the 4 that Villa have had'
Can you remember Baros sticking the ball in the back of the net you biased cunt !?!

At the end of the day though we made the ground sound like Villa Park (i.e. half empty) and every player gave it their all. The United support showed what a bunch of glory hunting tossers they are as they didn't start singing until after the first goal was scored.

Hopefully we can dip into the transfer market this week and give them the chinning they deserve on Saturday.

I would like to congratulate JLloyd Samuel. Ok he made one or two of slack passes but it's good to see him coming back and he did manage to clatter Christiano Ronaldo in a clean tackle! Shame the other ten players couldn't follow suit.

There are apparently rumours that Villa are attempting to sign Shaun Wright-Phillips, what have I started?

2 Comments:

At 3:02 pm, Blogger PCFrankyFact said...

Fuck me you really are one angry bloke.
Try supporting the Boro mate.
The only team in history to reach two Wembley finals in one season, lose them both and get relegated because of a three point deduction.
Then you will know true footballing disappointment.
Not to mention our excellent FA Cup run last season and our amazing run in the UEFA cup only to lose that as well.
Then the FA poach our manager!

 
At 11:41 pm, Blogger Phill said...

Yeah I was pretty angry when I wrote this post. It was less than 10 minutes after the final whistle.

On reflection I probably wouldn't have phrased my opinions of the commentator in quite the same way if I'd done it the next day.

I suppose I should look at the reverse to your situation. If the FA had gone with O'Neill then you'd still have your manager and christ knows who we'd be stuck with... Sven probably.

I've a lot of respect for your new gaffer though. I was a fan of Southgate when he turned out for our lot, he's always shown that he's got something between his ears... Which is more than can be said for Milan Baros (Good riddance).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home