Saturday, January 06, 2007

Swapsies

If it's true that Chelsea are after Baros then Villa should look at getting Shaun Wright-Phillips in exchange.

My shopping list is as follows:

A Right-Back - Preferably Luke Young but why not wait five months and get him cheaper? It looks like we might be getting Bardsley from United. Not sure whether it's a loan or a permanant deal though.

A Right-Winger - S.W-P. is my preferred choice but we should at least try to talk to David Beckham. If he really wants to get back in the England squad he'll stand a better chance playing regular football at Villa than warming the bench at Real Madrid. I don't think we'll get Milner now so I'd rule him out. Hendrie didn't play for Stoke today so it's possible he'll be coming straight back into the first team (if he comes back).

A Striker (or two) - If we get a good right-winger then Gabby can play up front so we'd only need one striker. I think Marlon Harewood would be a good signing or Darren Bent. They're both the kind of striker we're looking for (fast and powerful). We stand a better chance of getting Harewood as West Ham have got strikers coming out of their ears. A guy I work with refers to Harewood as a 'fluffer' (I don't think he knows what the word means in adult conversation) because he misses so many chances. I think it's all about confidence. He was unstoppable last season and if anyone can get him to play like that again it's Martin O'Neill.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home