Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Robbed

I watched the highlights of last nights Villa game a few hours ago and I can't see how we lost.

City had less good chances than Villa and we had a perfectly good goal disallowed.

I was glad to see D O'L has finally changed the formation to something a bit more sensible.

I think putting Mellberg in with the two kids is a wise decision but if he does decide to drop one it would have to be Ridgewell from what I've seen. He's got potential but you can see that he's really felt the pressure he's been put under this season.

I have to disagree with the Sky commentator about Baros not deserving to get subbed off. He may have had the ball more than Angel and Milner but he squandered it every time whereas the other two both created some good chances. In fact most of the chances Baros had were created by them... with the exception of the Barry chance which he really should have put away.

D O'L certainly seems to have decided that he has to play Angel as (and I've been saying this for a while now) all the other strikers are too similar. He can't expect things to happen overnight as he'll be sluggish to say the least having barely played all season but even so I saw him provide some excellent flick-ons with his head and his feet. I know I'm a big fan of his so I'm hardly the best person to give an objective opinion but he'll stand more of a chance of scoring/providing if he's playing than if he's on the bench.

Congrats to Darius for scoring a well taken goal on his return to Villa Park. I don't bear a grudge for him leaving, it's not as if he stabbed us in the back like Dwight Yorke did.
Why isn't he or Marlon Harewood being talked about for the England squad?
Both have been excellent all season. James Beattie has had a sudden turn in form (He's gone from utter shit to above average) and everyone is talking about him going to Germany. Unless Harewood is illegible for nationality reasons or similar then he should get the nod ahead of him - he does everything he does only better.

3 Comments:

At 10:19 am, Blogger Infoholic UK said...

I fink Marlun Airwud is illegible. Not sure if he's ineligible though.

 
At 9:49 pm, Blogger Phill said...

I often wonder why I'm such a pedant but I guess it's the same reason I give my wife a 'chip tax' if she doesn't finish her dinner quick enough.

 
At 10:18 am, Blogger Infoholic UK said...

You snooze, you lose...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home