Friday, May 05, 2006

Week Two

So having failed to walk in on Wednesday, I had to walk in two days running to meet my target for the week.

To cut it short, I succeeded. I did both walks in about 64 minutes. Hard to tell with the second one as I didn't actually record when I left the house.

The plan for next week is to walk to work twice and go for a short run with my wife - well she'll run, I'll probably just jog at her pace.

She's doing the 'Race for Life' next month which I'm not allowed to enter because I don't have a vagina (I wanted to say breasts but sadly that would be a lie). It's all in aid of Cancer Research UK (not an all-wimmin charity) but I'm guessing it's more of a trendy charity event because of the women only aspect. After all, if you ran in a unisex medium distance fun run, who'd give a shit? I'd better stop going on about 'doing' charity before I turn into Ricky Gervais.

So having hit my first two targets and having a five day week ahead of me, I'm fairly confident I'll meet target number three as well.

On a seperate note, my first Saturday cricket game of the season was cancelled because the opposition failed to raise a side. As a result we were awarded maximum points (including all possible bonus points) whilst they were docked 10 points. This means that I won't get to bat possibly until Tuesday, when I should be playing an evening game. Next saturday I'll hopefully be away to Dawlish (a 'lovely day out' according to the skipper) but the side won't be announced until Tuesday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home