Friday, October 20, 2006

Great Minds

I was reading the 606 web forum about whether or not Villa Park should be renamed and managed to find someone with an identical opinion to mine:
comment by tallpaulj
posted 6 Hours Ago

There is a limit to the sentimentality of a name and I think £100m is far above that limit!


I don't care what they call it, I went to Villa Park last week and I'll still be going there regardless of what they name it because it'll always be Villa Park to me.

Going to see Argyle vs. Birmingham City in a couple of weeks. Tempted to wear my new Villa shirt!

On a completely different note, there was one other issue yesterday that I neglected to mention:

David March's 9 month suspended sentance - The bit I found most disturbing about this was that the BBC (In a bid to offer a balanced report) interviewed a disabled woman from a political lobby group.
She was arguing that verdicts like this would make disabled people feel like more of a burden to their families and more of them would kill themselves as a result.
I'm no medical expert but even I can tell the difference (given a doctor's testimony in court) between someone who has an incurable degenerative disease and someone that has a permenant disability.
If someone is unfortunate enough to have MS then they should have the right to die (if they wish) when they've reached a point where they feel life isn't worth living anymore.

1 Comments:

At 7:54 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey thanks for your link to pc bloggs. a great find... think shes the funniest ever. great taste.

www.pcbloggs.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home