Thursday, October 19, 2006

In a nutshell

A lot has happened in the last few weeks since I blogged so I thought I'd quickly sum up my opinions on the big issues:

Full-face veils - In my old job I used to cycle to work at 5am. During the winter it would be extremely cold so I would wear a ski mask to keep the chilling air off my face. People I would pass would look at me like I was a criminal.
Quite simply it is human nature to assume that if you can't see someones face, they must have something to hide / be up to no good. Why else do people find teenagers with their hoodies up so intimidating? It has nothing to do with religion and everything to do with individual's obstinance. Especially when religion doesn't seem to apply at the job interview.

Paul Hunter RIP - What I found most upsetting on the day the news broke of Paul Hunters death was that Sky Sports News were too busy talking about press conferences held by Steve McClaren and John Terry to bother telling anyone that a non-football playing sportsman had died at a tragically young age. They couldn't shut up about the Alcoholic, wife-beating former-footballer from ulster that died the year before.

Aston Villa - Went to see them play against Spurs and was somewhat disappointed to see my favourite player not only miss a penalty but then head an own goal right in front of me. Hope he scores some goals on Saturday just to get it out of his system. Cracking goal by Barry though, ever more justification for his inclusion in the next England squad.

Terror Threat - Can't believe the BBC has given so much publicity to something which seems to me to be nothing short of propaganda designed to justify the 'special measures' needed to curb the 'threat'.
"According to our correspondent, each cell works on separate, different plots, with masterminds controlling several different cells." - But they haven't actually managed to deliver any of these highly organised terrorists despite 'knowing' all about them.

Iraq - Leave

Afghanistan - Stay

North Korea - Cut off, DO NOT ATTACK!!!!!

International Cricket - We suck

International Football - We suck more

Bird Flu - Why has it all gone quiet in the media? Surely 50% of us should be dead by now?

and finally

Scottish Independance - Give it to them, then they'll find that they're no longer ridiculously over-represented, getting fantastic public transport networks paid for courtesy of the rest of the UK or (completely non-politically motivated) shipbuilding contracts from the MOD.
I should point out my wife is Scottish (but she's great with kids) and I do actually like Scotland. I just think it has more political clout than it should have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home