Tuesday, November 04, 2008

My New Job

As I said in my last post I've recently changed jobs.

Having worked in a 500+ staff public sector IT department, I now work in a 25-30 staff private sector IT consultancy.

I was told before I joined that part of my job would be to deliver UML training courses. I was quite worried about this because having tried to use UML with Rational Rose (An old version in fairness) in my last job, I found it was too much of a pain in the arse and you ended up doing more work with little benefit.

I was still prepared to deliver the courses to the best of my ability but felt it would be like selling rice to China.

But that was before I started using Enterprise Architect and the UML 2.1 specification.

Not only did I find that I was doing less work to build my model but it had more in it and did a lot more.

I won't go into what it does that makes it so special as then this will sound like brown nosing (I've already done that once when I met up with my old co-workers for a pint). Needless to say I am very much a UML convert and feel like I'd be selling water to Saudi Arabia.

I received my last training course yesterday and I deliver my first training course in three weeks. I'm chomping at the bit to get stuck in.

Hopefully all will go as well as I'm hoping.

1 Comments:

At 7:50 pm, Blogger Silver haired girl said...

I hope so too x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home