Saturday, February 18, 2006

Villa Blues

So Villa have got Man City at home in the Sunday evening FA Cup game.
I think we're going out, mainly because :

a) We're rubbish at home this season

b) We're crap nearly every time we're on the telly (4-0 drubbings of Everton aside)

c) We don't have a good record against City of late

d) You just know Darius Vassell is going to score at least one goal on his return to Villa Park

Don't get me wrong I'm not the pessimistic kind, I just think tomorrows fixture is a bridge too far. We struggled at home to Port Vale and lost our last home game to Newcastle.
I don't know why we're better away from home this season, maybe it's all the takeover speculation causing uncertainty in the crowd?
There was definately a strange atmosphere in the Holte End when I went to see us loose to West Ham last month. It was almost as if everyone expected us to loose, even when we were 1-0 up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home