Friday, June 30, 2006

Big Weekend

I don't know about anyone else but I'm nervous as hell about Saturday's England game. If we win then great but I can't cope with the thought that we don't. In all the years I've watched England in the World Cup they've never had a squad this strong. I doubt they will again for some time either.

What worries me more than anything else is the manner in which the game unfolds. We've been given an Argentinian to referee the game which is a bit worrying. I might be pleasantly surprised about how well he controls the game but I can't help but imagine some shockingly bad decisions going against us.

Whatsmore the number of red cards that have been produced in the tournament so far suggests that England are due one, justly or otherwise.

Portugal don't tend to play particularly sporting football either as their last game showed. Saying that, if my team were attacking when the ref stopped play and then the opposition tried to make a break with the ball when play was resumed a red mist would descend on to the pitch extremely quickly. Portugal weren't particularly sporting but the Netherlands were worse.

I was glad to hear what Pele had to say about England today and Sven a couple of days ago. Spain, the Czech Republic and the Netherlands all started the tournament stongly but have been eliminated. Even Italy and Argentina have dropped off from how they started. Brazil, England and Germany on the other hand have all gotten better as the tournament has progressed.


COME ON ENGLAND!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home