Sunday, June 25, 2006

Pass the tar bucket

For years there has been prejudice within society that homosexuals would be unfit to care for children because by being gay they must clearly be paedophiles as well.

This is the worst kind of assumption but unfortunately what happened in Wakefield with these scumbags will result in all gay carers being tarred with the same brush.

It is ludicrous to suggest that someone would want to sexually abuse young children purely because they're gay. Does this qualify for the same logic with heterosexuals? Must I secretly want to abuse young girls because I'm a straight man? Of course I don't, I can differentiate between a young girl and a grown woman just like a gay man can differentiate between a young boy and a grown man.

What has happened in Wakefield is a tragic event that will unfortunately be all the fuel that small minded people will need to hold prejudice against gay parents/carers for many years to come.

As for the two men concerned I hope they have a nice stay in jail, I here other convicts really like having sex offenders around the place!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home