Saturday, May 19, 2007

Wem-berr-lee

I'm not going to bother wasting any more space than I have to about the match but I thought I'd comment about the new stadium that got its first cup final today.

It was my understanding that the designers had contacted astronomers to work out the position of the sun at 3pm during May. And that the roof has a special parasol that can be extended or retracted to ensure that there are no shadows on the pitch like you get at the Stade de France.

So taking all of that into account, I was somewhat surprised to see an enormous L-Shaped shadow across half the pitch at kick off. £800 million well spent.

1 Comments:

At 12:59 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

According to a leaked email they actually contacted astrologers, not astronomers; their mistake I think. Either way the sun was ascending in Uranus at the time and so shadows were unavoidable.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home